All images on this website are © The Western Maryland Watercolor Society Members.
All Works must be the artist's Original concept, design, and solely the work of the artist and not previously shown by WMWS. Paintings done at a workshop are not eligible.
1. Participants: Members of the Western Maryland Watercolor Society with membership dues up to date and have attended at least three meetings prior to the show date.
2.Medium : Watercolor is the accepted medium. also the use of watercolor pencil or crayons as well as guache is allowed.
3. Size: Members may submit;
one full sheet (22x30) plus 1/2 sheet
or two(2) 1/2 sheets or smaller
or one over sized full sheet ( larger than 22x30
4.Mats; Mats must be well cut and free of debris. Top mat must be light or muted (within the range of 7 to 9 on a value scale. Use of a bright or dark color mat is acceptable if used as an under met in a double-matting combination.
5 Frames : Must be in good condition
( corners meeting, not warped or scratched). the maximum size for all entries is 48 inches in any direction.
6.Glass or Plexi-glass : must be clean with appropriate cleaners used and must be free of scratches.
7. All Work: must be equipped with wire and ready to hang
.no Saw tooth hangers
* The wire Should be at least 1" below the top of the frame
* Wires should be mounted i/3 of the way down from the top of the frame
* all artwork must be available for purchase
Pick of of work must be accomplished during the specified times following the close of a show.
Works may not be removed by the artist during the exhibit
Submission of work to exhibit constitutes agreement to comply with all show rules
Violation of any show rules will result in denial of the privilege of participating in the following years show
Show chairs reserves the right to reject any work that does not comply. decisions of the show chair(s) are final
Participation in the show will not be permitted if the entry fee is not paid at the time the the work is received!